Friday, November 13, 2009

the waiting

Your name I uttered silently
I started breathing heavily

Beside the cathedral I wait
as the skies whispered "it's too late"

the wind blew shards of ice to me
painful stakes of chill pierced through me

my head I lift to the heaven
I could feel the weight of burden

the skies were full of dark and gloom
she's also crying...but for whom?

Into my face her tears all fell
I felt like crying loud as well

the sky and me, we share the gloom
heavy too much, it felt like doom

I cried with her, she washed my tears
I looked at her all drowned in fear

into the watch I glanced once more
as I blankly stared 'to the moor

I remembered why I was here
I've been waiting for you my dear

But no, I am not dumb at all
my wick has limits after all

I know that never will again
can we have nights like those again

thy smile, thy kiss,. thy touch and charm
they served as sunlight in my dark

but now to me you've grown weary
I could feel nothing but dreary

and so I grabbed the sharpest knife
said my prayer and end my life

0 Comments: